Porcelain veneers or dental veneers are a thin layer of porcelain placed over top of a tooth to either improve its aesthetic appearance, or to protect the surface of a damaged tooth. Porcelain veneers or dental veneers have several amazing advantages:
- The dentist will not have to remove as much tooth structure to apply porcelain dental veneers.
- They can be used to correct colour the colour and shape.
- They are difficult to stain.
- They can close unsightly gaps between teeth or correct rotated teeth.
- In some cases porcelain dental veneers can be used to improve a person’s bite.
- They are natural feeling and looking.
- They are strong and durable.
- When done correctly, porcelain veneers can last for years ensuring you a long-lasting, gorgeous smile.
Porcelain veneers or laminates are a viable option for an individual whose teeth may be cracked, stained, discoloured, crooked, unevenly spaced, or misshapen, or even for someone who has problems with his/her own smile.
Your dentist can further discuss with you the advantages porcelain veneers or dental veneers offer, and whether or not they are the right treatment for you.